Cartoon Network

17 July 2012

Re: [DIY] Terrestrial television

 

Many years ago I used to get broadcast TV via an antenna. At the current location I have a transformer on a power pole directly in the path of the transmitters. I get a very dark patch of interference in the center of the screen. This is the only house I haven't been able to get a signal. No big loss, the local channels are lousy anyway.
Its very likely the solar flare from this weekend that is causing the interference. It ought to pass unless there is another. If it increased on Saturday that would be a pretty good indicator its the sun that caused it.
I was having some troubles with my wireless Internet in the house over the weekend. I didn't think about the flare maybe being the cause.
Steve


On 7/16/2012 4:14 PM, waspangle wrote:
 

Learned DIYers,

I normally receive my television signal over-the-air, picked up by a roof-top antenna. I've had spotty reception for several days now, including none for about 36 hours now. I've inspected all wiring and connections, and re-did anything that looked suspect.

I understand that solar-flare activity can affect the signal, and there has been brief outages in the past, but nothing close to this. I'm wondering if anyone else out there gets TV thru broadcast, and is having trouble.

Thanks, Wayne



__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment