Cartoon Network

16 July 2012

[DIY] Re: I'd like a cheap. easy solar light idea.

 

Tom I just bought one for a walkway on the side of my garage. From Harbour Freight. It comes with a small solar panel to mount in a sunny area and about 6-8 ft of wire to run to the light source. It has an IR detector an auto timer . I may havce gotten a return because I noticed some rust on the DC connector going to the light. Ill be cl;eaning it off and have to cover it to weather proof it as mine will be out in the weather. But if yours will be under an eave or roof area it may not be too bad. The connector is just a simple dc plug connector and needs to be coverd Its not weather proof. A roof overhang would suffice.

THe light is just enought to light up a walkway. I plan to mount it about 10 feet over the sidewalk.

Phil

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, "thomas" <garagepommedeterre@...> wrote:
>
> I have a partially enclosed carport, which I really don't run wiring etc. to. So far, a couple of those $4.00 solar sidewalk lamps have been the best choice, but they're low and make shadows. Is there a cheap, small solar panel available I could use to light two or three lights mounted higher inside the carport? Someone once said something was available with a small battery pack which recharges. I'd really appreciate any ideas.
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment