Cartoon Network

31 July 2012

Re: [DIY] Woodworkers transfer tool - follow-up

 

I feel pretty good this morning!  In the middle of the night I remembered I had such a tool in a set I bought years ago; it has interchangeable tips, one being the round transfer tip. Takes time and pressure to transfer the ink, so I tried my iron as Bill suggested.  After a little experimenting I used the iron to preheat an area - immediately applied direct pressure with the tool - and used the iron on it again.  Learned if you don't remove the paper as soon as the ink transfers the paper begins to absorb it again.  Overall it worked like a charm and the ink is permanent.  No graphite, no medium, no mess.  This method only works with a toner copy as it's the toner that transfers.  My laser copier worked fine, the ink just isn't as dark.


The tool is made for woodworkers and the result is a more accurate pattern than graphite and doesn't smudge.  My tool heats to 750 F which is about the same as a woodburning tool, and the new ones come with a variable heat button.  You can transfer graphics to wood also, not just a pattern.



>>On Jul 30, 2012, at 6:48 PM, Bill Chmelik wrote:

How about an old iron?

 



 


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment