Cartoon Network

23 July 2012

Re: [DIY] Car Starter Problem

 

Good advice about the key ring. My key ring had so many keys and so many of those 'reward' cards that it probably weighed as much as a water bottle and banged my knee while driving. A few years ago I decided to separate them to various key rings. Then I link them all with a carabiner in my purse.  The ignition keys come off for use and back on for storage. Now when I use Valet parking or take the car to service, I don't have to remind myself to take the house key off the ring. Having the bank key on a separate ring made life easier for the bank teller too.


From: Sandaidh <sandaidh@localnet.com>
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2012 9:16 PM
Subject: Re: [DIY] Car Starter Problem

 
And, while you're at it...remove the big wad of keys that (usually) hang
from most people's key rings with the ignition key. A mechanic told me,
when I had a similar problem, that the weight of all those keys eventually
damages the insides of the ignition (where you stick the key in). Don't
believe it weighs that much? Put it on a scale.

My key ring that I use to start my vehicle now sports only the ignition key,
and small pair of nail clippers and the little doodad (technical term) with
the electronic door lock/unlock. All my other keys are on a separate ring
and don't hang from the ignition any more.

Added bonus - with the keys separated like that, should someone car jack the
vehicle, they get the ignition key, but not the house key, or any other key
on the other ring.

Hope this helps.

Sandaidh
sandaidh@localnet.com



__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment