Cartoon Network

18 July 2012

[DIY] Refinishing wood patio furn

 

I have sanded the bench, but after applying Olympic Waterguard (clear), I find that it did not have a very clean look ( mildew perhaps in the grain), enough so, that I chose to redo. I then decided to wash one side to see how it looked. I made my own formula and rinsed off to dry. It had uneven texture, which I presume was from the cleaning so I sanded lightly. Then I compared the two sides and decided cleaning with some bleach (like deck wash) was helpful so I finished the other side, then rinsed it it all off ( next day) and sanded. So now I can say it does look good enough for stain. However, this particular piece of my 4 pc patio, I plan to keep in house. So now that I bought Olympic Maximum stain/sealant for the deck and patio furnishing, I find that I may not want to use that on this bench.

My question being: I like the rustic beige look Im getting from the bench now. It will be indoor. Should I stain/ seal/poly? I dont know enough about this stuff. I do know Im confidant with the stain/sealant for the outsoor stuff as it is semi transparent- cedar naturaltone, which is good to darken the outdoor stuff to protect from UV damage.

Also, once I stain/seal all in one, am I set for another year on this deck and then I can just add some Waterguard again for extra help before the next cleaning?

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment