Cartoon Network

23 July 2012

RE: [DIY] Car Starter Problem

 

Most auto parts stores will check out your starting/charging system for
free, I would take it to them and let them check it out. It could be the
battery, especially if it was a rebuild, just for what it is worth wally
world sells rebuilt batteries, I had 3 crap out within the first year before
I found out, only buy good name brand first run batteries, a good battery is
usually good for up to 5 years. The next point to check would be the starter
solenoid, then the ignition switch(in all probability it is NOT the ignition
switch), and there is the starter itself and all of the connections, clean
the ones on the battery first. (usually if you go to one of the parts chains
that test for free, they will also clean the connections as part of the
test.
ck

-----Original Message-----
From: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com [mailto:DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of nan8136
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2012 11:10 AM
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DIY] Car Starter Problem

You have come thru to help me with good advice in the past so I'm here
again.

I bought a new car battery last winter so I know that's good. Last night
when I turned the key in the ignition it just went "click" with nothing
happening. Then when I tried it the second time the engine turned over and
off I went. A few times in the past I would hear a short bzzzz kind of
sound when I turned the key. (Good description, huh?) Well, that happened
maybe 6 times in the last year (before and after the new battery). But I
never heard absolutely nothing till last night.

When my husband was alive he did lots of car mechanical work and was always
telling me stuff about what he was doing. I certainly miss having him when
stuff like this occurs. I believe there is a starter and an ignition
switch, is that right? Well, what might my problem be? I hate to have the
car not start when I'm out someplace or have the grandkids with me.

It's a 2007 Accord which I have regularly serviced at the dealer. I hate to
go in and just give them free reign as to what to fix. I also don't know if
I need to be nervous about this, but I am. Any advice on what it might be?
Or how I should approach the dealer with my problem?

Nancy

------------------------------------

Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe
send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com Yahoo! Groups
Links

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment