Cartoon Network

26 July 2012

Re: [DIY] Car Starter Problem

 

Respectfully, I say ye, Negative. Or positive.
Was taught this in the army. Was a skeptic. I mean,
I had to explain to them what a torque wrench was.
This methodology has worked since, 100%, & huge ease.

As a general contractor, working my way up, I passed all
manner of family ahead of me, to become the only partner.
Part of it was vehicle which ALWAYS ran. Often the family
had this issue, due to battery terminal corrosion. I WOULD
suggest avoiding "long-thread" (v heavy duty truck bearing)
grease. FEW will have any around. I use any auto wheel bearing
grease, or lacking it, MIL spec Di-Electric, electric motor grease.

Motor, as in electric, as I use in my car starer rebuilds... Motor,
as opposed to engine. As in, DMV OUGHT to be more properly
termed, DEV. Cars usually have engines, technically, not motors.

The extreme leverage that the screw of the terminal has easily
overcomes the viscosity of the grease. You may, optionally,
simply glob it all over the terminal after assembly. I used to
do this. I learned. It is unnecessary with the common car terminals.

BillSF9c

 Posted by: "Bill Chmelik" Chmelik@earthlink.net chmeliks    If you are using grease, use conductive grease

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment