Cartoon Network

16 July 2012

Re: [DIY] Floor tile grout

 

I bought a product called "Zud." It is like Comet, but WAY better . . .
a realtor friend recommended it for cleaning bathrooms, chrome, etc.
before selling the house. I put some on my grout, and rubbed it with a
rough sponge a bit, and it came up!

I couldn't find this at WalMart or Target or Home Depot, but found it
at smaller True Value stores.

Good luck!
Steph

-----Original Message-----
From: amymemom <amymemom@yahoo.com>
To: DoIt_Yourself <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sun, Jul 15, 2012 2:25 pm
Subject: Re: [DIY] Floor tile grout

Try peroxide - either diluted or straight.

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, Jan Flood <jan.flood2@...> wrote:
>
> I have the same problem and have not found a good answer. The
bathroom floors are 16" tiles, I believe the original color was a dark
beige, that has darkened over time. I've tried bleach, steam cleaning,
grout cleaners & Mr. Clean erasers with no luck. I don't want to
regrout it but I'm tempted to add a thin layer of non-sanded grout over
the top, just enough to freshen the color, but not sure it would
adhere. Also considered brushing a light stain on the grout, do you
think it would penetrate enough to change the color? My son paid $600
to have their grout cleaned and was pleased with the results - but I
can think of a lot better uses for $600.
>
> On Jul 14, 2012, at 3:05 PM, greatyoga wrote:
>
> When I mop it, it does not get very clean even when I use bleach

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for an excellent article! I appreciate your insights and agree with what you wrote. carpet cleaning scottsdale

    ReplyDelete