Cartoon Network

18 July 2012

[DIY] Re: I'd like a cheap. easy solar light idea.

 

Posted by: "thomas" garagepommedeterre@hotmail.com

> a couple or three tiny lights inside. Just enough to find the
> car door lock or handle, and to keep from tripping on the lawn
> tools.

Hi Thomas;

I had a similar situation in my kitchen when I came home
after dark. The light switch is on the hinge side of the door,
so I have to completely close it to reach for the switch, and
that leaves it pitch black in the room, even on moonlit nights.
I used two of the Dollar Tree bright white LED lawn light tops,
adhered to the South facing window at the far end of the 19ft
long room. They make it easy to see when I come into the room
with my eye adjusted for being outside at night. For walking
outside, from a well lit interior, would require multiple
times as much light, but it should be possible to do it
with multiple lawn lights. The advantage would be that
multiple light, could be spread over a wider area,
to reduce shadows. They could also be arranged
to look nice, from the street, etc.

-Laren Corie-
Natural Solar Building Design
and Consultation, Since 1975
www.ThermalAttic.com

Read my Solar house design articles in:
-Energy Self-Sufficiency Newsletter-
www.rebelwolf.com/essn.html

Home base-LittleHouses YahooGroup
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LittleHouses/

Founder-WoodGas - Power from wood
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WoodGas

Founder-RefrigeratorAlternatives YahooGroup
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RefrigeratorAlternatives

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment