Cartoon Network

26 July 2012

[DIY] vinyl fencing

 

Not too long ago, I asked if anyone had experience installing vinyl fencing.
No one replied; which is okay. I guess no one has. Except now, I have.

The fencing is a two-rail ranch, about 36 inches high (top of posts).

It actually turned out easier than I expected. Digging postholes is still
the most difficult part, other than that it went together with no problems.
Well, as long as we remembered the "proper" order of things. Oh, by "we" I
mean myself and the young man my contractor sent over. Where I really
needed the help was in the grunt work, mostly digging the postholes.
Although I did three of them by myself, with a couple shovels and no
posthole digger. Every hole had to be hand dug due to the proximity of a
natural gas line to the house behind me.

"Proper" order meant remembering to put the rails in the posts *before*
filling the holes around the posts to set them. Once the rails were
'attached,' the post could be tweeked to level it.

That little $5 post leveler thingys (technical term), which attaches with a
big rubber band, turned out to be one of the best investments I made.

The two of us started about 7 am this morning and did 109 ft of fencing by
2:30 pm. I'd already done 16 ft, by myself, yesterday. Total of 125 ft.

Sandaidh
sandaidh@localnet.com

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment