Cartoon Network

21 December 2012

Re: [DIY] Indoor Statue Repair

 

The base under this Lion might give you an idea of what I thinking.





Dale in the Flatlands.
Dale S wrote:
 

That was a either a steal or an ancient history event.
Dale in the Flatlands.

Aki wrote:
 

The angel actually has an interesting story.  I've asked Jenn to tell the story (below):

 

I first saw this angel in a gift store in the Cincinnati airport (Toto, which has since been required to change its name because someone apparently has a service or trademark registered for the name of Dorothy's little dog). She was in the window, up on a stand so that passersby looked up into her face. Her fingers come together in a circle, and when I first saw her she was holding a garland of green and white ivy. I had to ask the price ($420), knowing I could not purchase her. On that day, though, I did buy the ivy garland she was holding, a physical acknowledgment of my hope.

 

Later I saw her in the Horchow Collection catalogue, which also happened to have a table and chairs that Aki really liked (ladies, you know how seldom that happens--time to strike while the iron is hot!!). I hesitantly mentioned the angel to him, and he wanted to see it. In the meantime, I had asked a friend of mine with a wholesale's license to contact the manufacturer (Aldik, now out of business) and see what the wholesale price would be. It was $390.

 

With his customary expertise, Aki convinced Horchow to send us the table, chairs and angel at a greatly reduced price (I think she was eventually priced at $290). She has been with us ever since, and holds various items in her hands as the seasons change. This is the first year she's held the "Joy to the World" metal sculpture. Maybe the doves overdo it a bit, but you're allowed to be tastefully gaudy at Christmas.

 

 

 

From: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com [mailto:DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Dale S
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2012 7:44 AM
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [DIY] Indoor Statue Repair

 

 

Now there is a collection that can run into some serious money.  My wife collected angels for several years until she ran out of space and realized how much they were beginning to cost.  I surmise that accounts for your nickname.

Dale in the Flatlands.

Angels wrote:

 

Yes it is beautiful! And yes, now that you mention it, it does look like it came from Fontanini line! I'd like to know where they got it. I'm an angel collector and would love to have one like this! I just love it! Chipped or not!

--- On Fri, 12/21/12, Dale S <dalu@hbcomm.net> wrote:


From: Dale S <dalu@hbcomm.net>
Subject: Re: [DIY] Indoor Statue Repair
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, December 21, 2012, 1:27 AM

 

That is a beautiful angel statue.  Almost looks like one of those that comes from the Italian Fontanini line.

Dale in the Flatlands.

Angels wrote:

The photo is posted under Aki photo album.

 



__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (20)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment