Cartoon Network

22 December 2012

Re: [DIY] OFF TOPIC / Pro active health tips

 

When you have the X-rays of your neck, back... look at how those out of place vertebrae are positioned and coax yourself to position those bones as correctly as you can by the position you choose to sleep in. I bought a memory foam pillow and quit sleeping on my stomach and did a re-allignment of my neck vertebrae by padding my shoulders up and positioning my chin up when I slept. I went from constant pain to no pain at all for a problem the Dr. wanted to operate on. I'm not saying I might not have to do this at some later time, but for now I am GOOD!  You can change bad habits but you have to make a conscious effort and will yourself to do the right thing for your own health.

carmen
~~~~~~~~~

On Dec 21, 2012, at 3:41 PM, Angels wrote:

 

That's true, and when the pain gets too bad, I know it's time for a break, otherwise I would just over do it and really pay for it later! lol   I'm afraid I will have to have both hips replaced myself, but I'll wait until I can't stand it any more then maybe I'll have them replaced! They want to do surgery on my neck too, but no thanks! I can deal with that especially since they can't guarantee it will help! The surgeons can find some other way to pay for their house in the Hamptons or their yacht or whatever! I'm not going until I have to!!!

--- On Fri, 12/21/12, Dale S <dalu@hbcomm.net> wrote:

From: Dale S <dalu@hbcomm.net>
Subject: Re: [DIY] At Last It Is Here!
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, December 21, 2012, 2:06 PM

 
There is a reason for pain and when it is removed or masked it can lead a person to do more than they should and do more damage than they otherwise would have.  I have knees and hips that probably should be replaced, but all I ever do is take Tylenol or Advil before going to be so that I can sleep.  I don't have the luxury of  time to be laid up for several months, my wife had to have double knee replacement several years ago but she was much younger and her knees were about to collapse so it was either that or a wheel chair.

Dale in the Flatlands. further
Angels wrote:
That's right! And I refuse to take narcotics! I figure I will need them when I'm older and for right now I just grin and bear it!

--- On Fri, 12/21/12, Joan Romanowski <msromo1@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Joan Romanowski <msromo1@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [DIY] At Last It Is Here!
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, December 21, 2012, 11:13 AM

 
No amount of Aleve can take the pain away.


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (18)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment