Cartoon Network

25 March 2012

[DIY] Fertilizer vs Grass Seed...or both?

 

A couple of people suggested fertilizer and watering for some matted dead brown grass areas which were likely a result of several heavy rains causing flooding in a matter of a couple of months.


I'm going to take the advice and do it.  The area that I'd like to do this to actually has two different types of grass as well as some greenery (probably some type of weed).  I'd like to get the kind of fertilizer that rids of weeds as well as ant mounds.  I think Scotts Max does this.  

After doing some research I noticed that there is also grass seed.  I'm wondering if this would be a good choice to promote grass in the bare spots and to promote grass growth in the weeded areas.  

Do people ever place a mixture of fertilizer and grass seed in their spreader and simply spread that across the lawn?  

Also, I'm seeing that fertilizers state that it's for a certain type of grass such as St. Augustine and such. Is this simply a suggestion or will it hurt your current grass if it's not the grass stated on the bag?

Finally, should this be spread throughout the lawn right after you mow it?

Thanks.


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment