Cartoon Network

23 March 2012

[DIY] Re: Security Cameras

 

A security camera system is simple to set up. Most cameras simply plug into any TV or DVR (digital video recorder). Some have sound, too. Each camera also needs a power supply. At the monitor/DVR end of the cord is a jack to plug in the power transformer. Some use RCA jacks and others use BNC connectors. Adapters to go from 1 to the other are available. If you have more than 1 camera, you need a camera processor which allows you to sequence between cameras.
I have the wired system (all I said above applies to this). If hard wiring is not possible, wireless systems are available. I have no experience with them, however.
I suggest buying your needed items from EBAY. I have bought cameras for as little as $5 there and work fine. Get night vision cameras for outdoors.

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, "larrysmail123" <larrysmail123@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> Hi Everyone,
> I am not sure where to post this subject. I tried posting to a electronics group, but they refused to post it for some reason. Sorry if this is too much off topic. Could someone send me in the right direction for this topic.
>
> I need to install some security cameras. Thieves are stealing me blind when I am gone.
> Does anyone have any suggestions about which kind is best, how to install them. What all will I need, Wired or Wireless, etc.
>
> Pleas try to keep it simple I don't know anything about this subject. I am ok with computers, TV, VCR, DVD recorders and stuff like that. I just never have had any dealing with security cameras.
>
> Thanks for your time...Larry
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment