Cartoon Network

27 March 2012

[DIY] exterior outlets

 

Okay, before I get to my siding project, I am going to rebuild my front porch, among a lot of other things.
I want to put 2 outdoor outlets in, basically one on either side of the steps to my front door. I know there are special covers, and I need to use GFCI outlets, but do I also need to use special boxes? I have seen outdoor boxes that are screwed to the house, for adding a an outlet or light after the fact. But if the outlet box is in the wall do I still need to use a box rated for outdoor use? The other question is am I aloud to have the outlets and lights in side the porch on the same circuit as the ones outside/ the porch will be completely enclosed. it will be more like another room in the house. I live in a remote area of fly over country, and a permit or inspection is not required for any part of this project, but I still want to do it right.
 
thanks,
Michael

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment