Cartoon Network

28 March 2012

Re: [DIY] chimney leak

 

Try coating with "Through the roof" sealer.  It is crystal clear and sets up like rubber.  It could well be coming down inside of the chimney during hard rains and you may need to have a rain cap installed.

Dale in the Flat Lands:----- I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

Tom wrote:
 

I have read the other threads about chimney leaks. they don't seem to address my problem.

I have a 40 year old house. I have the orginal roof. the flashing around the chimney seems to be inset in the brick. I have added sealer to the flashing. I have also resealed the shingles to the flashing. I am still get leaks in a hard rain. The water seems to flow down the outside of the brick and come down exterior of the chimney into tliving room.

I am open to suggestions.

Tom C.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment