Cartoon Network

24 March 2012

Re: [DIY] Security Cameras

 

Hi. Sorry to hear about your dilemma. For the short run, it might be worth your while to get a security firm like ADT or something like that to keep a watch on things, where breaking and entering will be monitored?? It could be a deterrent in the long run, if thieves know that while you're away the security company will be alerted to any break-ins. We had a rash of robberies in our condo complex, some residents did engage a security company for their condo for alarm, etc. I looked into getting alarms, etc., but the problem with these is that although they are useful, once it goes off it makes a shrieking sound (which is good except it WILL wake up the dead neighbors, and of course, that is what you want.) But if you're not home, they don't turn off automatically. That's a problem. But also some of them have put up car steering wheel locks on their windows. How accessible IS your home? I keep very few valuables in my home, I do have tv's but they are mostly used cheap ones, altho bulky they're just as good as the newer smaller flat screens and now that I'm writing this, i'm convincing myself to keep the bulky ones, good but cheap. I don't have much jewelry left, and I suppose if I did have some expensive stuff, I'd put it in a safety deposit box. Some people also have the type of barking dog alarms, but again I wouldn't know if they can be turned off, so that's a problem, too. Just my thoughts. Cindi


From: larrysmail123 <larrysmail123@yahoo.com>
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2012 6:33 PM
Subject: [DIY] Security Cameras

 


Hi Everyone,
I am not sure where to post this subject. I tried posting to a electronics group, but they refused to post it for some reason. Sorry if this is too much off topic. Could someone send me in the right direction for this topic.

I need to install some security cameras. Thieves are stealing me blind when I am gone.
Does anyone have any suggestions about which kind is best, how to install them. What all will I need, Wired or Wireless, etc.

Pleas try to keep it simple I don't know anything about this subject. I am ok with computers, TV, VCR, DVD recorders and stuff like that. I just never have had any dealing with security cameras.

Thanks for your time...Larry



__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment