Cartoon Network

21 March 2012

RE: [DIY] Re: FHA appraisal

 

I am now just waiting for the official report. he did let me know a few things that won't pass, but for the most part, he said he just reports what he sees, and it is up to the under-writers to make the call whether or not to pass it or not.
The paint didn't pass, my father-in-law was nice and painted the house 2 years back, but he didn't want to take the time to scrape it. So the new paint is already cracking and peeling. A little bit of rotten wood on one of my eaves, and around my outside basement door. The big thing was a crack running up from the basement around a first floor window, and back down. I have a concrete block first floor. He does not think it is anything major, just a little settling of the house after 100 years. But because he saw it he has to report it and have a foundation expert come look at it. Oh, and one of my windows does not have a storm window over it. he didn't say anything about the knob and tube wiring, or the wire connections that are not in a j-box. He just looked at the service panel and saw it has been updated. There might be more in his final report, but at least I can start addressing the issues now, and maybe some of the ones that he did not mention that might raise red flags.
 
Michael

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment