Cartoon Network

29 March 2012

Re: [DIY] chimney leak

 

if your chimney  does not have a cap on it when it rains the rain can weep from the inside to the outside of the chimney.


From: Tom <chtom@aol.com>
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 2:41 PM
Subject: [DIY] chimney leak

 
I have read the other threads about chimney leaks. they don't seem to address my problem.

I have a 40 year old house. I have the orginal roof. the flashing around the chimney seems to be inset in the brick. I have added sealer to the flashing. I have also resealed the shingles to the flashing. I am still get leaks in a hard rain. The water seems to flow down the outside of the brick and come down exterior of the chimney into tliving room.

I am open to suggestions.

Tom C.



__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment