Cartoon Network

27 September 2012

[DIY] Mold and Mildew Stains on Plastic File Cabinet

 

Hi,

I just joined this group. I have ten thumbs and no brain when it comes to fixing household things. I just moved to a new "old" mobile home in the country and in the process I brought over some of my former home office furniture including plastic Tufflite stack File Drawers. Unfortunately, these had been put out on my patio at my former residence, washed and left there for a year. It's a long and ridiculous story so I won't bother anyone. But the stack drawers developed mold/mildew stains. I want to use them since they are still sturdy and I can't afford to buy anything to file in at this time.

1. HOW DO I GET THE STAINS off the outside shell of the drawers? The inside drawers themselves are OK but the outside has greyish stains that I haven't been able to clean off with detergent and Scrubbies.

2. In addition, the surfaces of the shells are roughened. How do I smooth the surfaces, if I can get the stains off? I really need an easier way to do this than scrubbing for an hour, which makes my arms hurt.

3. Is there any type of paint for plastic that I could use for the outside shells that would be more colorful than the grey, washed out look these stack drawers have at the present time?

Thanks for any suggestions offered.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment