Cartoon Network

14 September 2012

Re: [DIY] Re: Changing floors

 

From: Classic Girl
You mention buying a "cheap Ryobi" skill saw- I was actually thinking about
getting a Ryobi skill saw; is this
something I should stay away from?
-------------------------

Ryobi is aimed at the home DIYer, rather than contruction workers who do it
for a living. That's what makes it "cheap." Also consider that with DeWalt
and Milwaukee, one is paying as much for the name as anything else. Not
saying they're not good, but one pays for the name.

At this point, almost all my power tools are Ryobi, and I've not found them
"cheap" in quality at all. I have Ryobi One+ tools, which means the same
battery, whether ni-cad or lithium, will power *any* of them. Definitely
plus when using cordless tools - being able to switch batteries among the
tools. Also, something I hadn't known until a tool-savvy friend mentioned
it...Ryobi and Rigid are made by the same company. Ryobi for the homeowner,
Rigid for the professional. Unfortunately, those batteries are not
interchangeable. And yes, I have a Ryobi circular saw and a Ryobi
reciprocating saw, both cordless, interchangeable batteries and both have
done everything I've asked them to do.

Would I recommend Ryobi? In a heartbeat, especially when I noticed that the
construction worker doing work on my rehab house (new roof on the main
house; siding on the back extension; new back porch decking, railing, steps
and posts for the roof) uses...Ryobi power tools. He even has the Ryobi
table saw that I've had my eye on, and recommended it highly.

Oh, I do have a couple other non-Ryobi power tools. They're Black & Decker.
A corded drill, which is probably 30 years old and still reliable, and a
corded jigsaw, which has cut everything wood I've put the blade to.

My 2 cents.

Sandaidh
sandaidh@atlanticbb.net

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment