Cartoon Network

24 September 2012

Re: [DIY] Building Code

 

Thank you everyone. We haven't officially hired him yet, and I kinda doubt we will after this. He came out today to see the bathroom, discuss our plans, take measurements. His company has a Certified General Contractor license, I verified it a few days ago. Seems the state only requires one employee to be licensed. This guy is not the one.

Tomorrow morning I will contact the city building inspections office and find out about those "requirements". Some of the logic of "why" that Bill mentioned, could make sense, sort of. I'd still be ticked off having to "upgrade" anything that isn't directly a safety issue. I'm sort of starting to like the idea of more light in the walk-in shower. hmmmmm

We'll see what happens in the next week. I'm going to be getting a few more contractors to give me estimates on the same work plans. We'll see if they spot the same "code" problems. And I will always insist on proper permitting. My rule is, if any contractor suggests not applying for the permit, there is a major problem and we move on to another contractor. I'll let you know how this plays out in a week or so.

DJ

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment