Cartoon Network

30 September 2012

[DIY] Re: Exterior Hosebib Help

 


http://www.amazon.com/Trading-Melnor-346A-Metal-Hose-Connector/dp/B007L522JO
I bought a Melnor 346 metal 2-way hose connector
which I consider to be a shut-off valve so I
wouldn't have to use the old fashioned valve on
our 40+ year old house anymore.

This is an infinitely better design than a similar
product I bought at Home Depot.

I noticed mine at a Target store by accident while
looking for a replacement hose with my GF.

It cost approx $8 and this thing is so well designed
that I bought the entire Target inventory of 6 valves
to give to friends as gifts.

I knew as soon as I picked it up, that I would be
replacing the valve I bought a month before, when I
got home.

We have a garden and birdbaths, so I use the outside
hose a lot and I wanted something that would go
from completely open to completely shut in one turn
of my wrist and this device does that and more.

Bill Zardus
Delaware County, PA
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BackYard-Birds/
I am changing the focus of this group above to people
who want back-yard bird feeding tips, since no other
group is doing that.

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com,
subprong <subprong@...> wrote:
>
> The 1/4 turn handle on my outdoor hosebib started to deteriorate a few
> months ago. The framed ring on the underneath the knob was falling apart
> and therefore was not properly seated around the turn nipple (sorry I don't
> have a better term) that sticks up into it. So it needed to be turned past
> its usual points to go completely on or off. Recently the water hadn't
> been turning on at full power.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment