Cartoon Network

22 September 2012

[DIY] Re: Side w/ neighbor

 

It was my engineer who suggested a retaining wall against their drive to fend off any drainage fom their house - as their house is right next to their skinny drive, which is right up to the prop line ( ignoring driveway/lot line restrictions setbacks), which is less than 6' from my "lower" 1940s foundation (clay tile-futile).

Yes i do believe their drive was POORLY slathered on and it does seem to curve more toward their house as my hubby and landscaper and engineer all believed their ragged asphalt drive was draining into their lot toward their house and back yard. But being so close to my lot Im not completely convinced some doesnt drain toward me, as well as Im trying to prepare in case they redo their drive ( because it is higher And they would want to slope away from their home then of course it would go straight into mine for sure. This house is evidence of a former split rural lot that is now surrounded by subdivisions and was rebuilt after a fire and was quickly put together for resale ($$$$$). There have been 2 owners since Ive been in my home 15 yrs (not incl the owner of its rebuild) If that says anything. Neither has invested cosmetically. Its a prime family neighborhood with a few rural lots. There was no drainage plan. The township ignored its encumbrances ( they probably didnt care until they were making more money from the increasing burbs) as did my previous owner - who had not invested in the home either. Mine was an eyesore to the modern homes. So its been a labor of love for me in my first home and now with the market trying to preserve my investment.

Are you involved in this kind of planning? Please fill me in on what you mean by solar rights. And how I or they may be encumbered.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment