Cartoon Network

16 September 2012

Re: [DIY] Re: Changing floors

 

From: billsf9c
Under old linoleum?
Very common old technique.
---------------------

I've never heard of newspaper under linoleum before.

---------------------
Laying plywood? NOT beyond you, if you can buy a cheap Ryobi
"skill" saw & handle it safely. If ya wanna... ask.
---------------------

Apprehension is not so much because it's beyond my skills, more because I
don't...didn't...want to have the floor opened up any longer than necessary.
I've got the floor back together now, but not until after a couple of
anxious hours looking for my cat. Unlike the dog, she's been right there,
watching the work. At one point, this afternoon, I had to leave the area
and didn't get all the openings in the floor covered up. I had to find the
cat before I could finish putting the floor back together. Last thing I
need is to have my cat "secured" between the upstairs floor and the
downstairs ceiling, and have to tear everything up again to get her out.

I've got the floor all back together now. There are a few 'un-flat' places
that have to be taken care of, but for the most part I'm happy with it. Now
there's the indecision over whether to put down luan, or not. As far as I
can tell, it's not going to cause a problem with the doors. What causes the
hesitation is the top step of the stairs.

Sandaidh
sandaidh@atlanticbb.net

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment