Cartoon Network

21 September 2012

[DIY] Re: Erecting a 30' pole

 

I would forget  the 4x4's as over time the wood
can weaken significantly for supporting a 30' pole..

I have put up quite a few antennas in my time...the wind
will play hell with it, esp 30's up..you might consider a
set of 3 guy wires....

I would use 2 10' lengths of 21/2 or 3 inch pipe in place
of the 4x4's but also set in concrete 4' -5' deep leaving
6-5' above ground.

Also I may have missed it (just having my coffee!! lol) BUT
I'd put a rotor up with the antenna...

and you do know that all broadcast signals today are digital so if
you have an old non-digital tv it will need an digital to analogue
converter box. These were free at one time...I have a brand new
one in the box I will give you if you pay shipping...write me off line

I would also check on what type of tv antenna amplifier you need...
radio shack people may know but be careful...a lot of the kids
there really do not know electronics...check this out:

http://www.tvantenna.com/support/tutorials/amplifiers.html


Best,

Rich


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment