Cartoon Network

23 September 2012

Re: [DIY] Erecting a 30' pole

 

>I would forget  the 4x4's as over time the wood can weaken significantly for supporting a 30' pole..

Yup. But it can be fine. Lotta lil details to making that
or fence posts last. Want to use 4x4? Been there. It
can be ok. But you will need, as Rich said, guy wires,
also. The Ant will move too much for good reception.
The dual 4x4s in the ground and a single upright is ok.
12 ft even, but 12 will do. You're just bolting a pole to it.
The duals need to be in the ground 3 ft WITH a lotta
chunks of cement and some real cement around it.


Gonna go this route? Ask further.

BillSF9c

>I have put up quite a few antennas in my time...the wind will play hell with it, esp 30's up..you might consider a set of 3 guy wires.... I would use 2 10' lengths of 21/2 or 3 inch pipe in place of the 4x4's but also set in concrete 4' -5' deep leaving 6-5' above ground. Also I may have missed it (just having my coffee!! lol) BUT I'd put a rotor up with the antenna... and you do know that all broadcast signals today are digital so if you have an old non-digital tv it will need an digital to analogue converter box. These were free at one time...I have a brand new one in the box I will give you if you pay shipping...write me off line I would also check on what type of tv antenna amplifier you need... radio shack people may know but be careful...a lot of the kids there really do not know electronics...check this out: http://www.tvantenna.com/support/tutorials/amplifiers.html
Best, Rich ---


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment