Cartoon Network

30 September 2012

Re: [DIY] Sanding floors

 


You will need 2 types of electric sanders.  A belt or drum type for the main areas and an orbital (circular) type to get close to the walls and cabinets.  Use the orbital one around the perimeter 1st, then use the drum sander getting as close as possible to the perimeter to smooth out the orbital sanding grooves back to 1 direction.  As to guidelines to techniques, I have only watched floor people do this on the job sites I work at. I have not done this myself since I was a teenager (now a senior citizen).
On 9/30/2012 9:51 AM, wduke2@aol.com wrote:

 

I am curious if my mail went through or not.   I had written about advice sanding my kitchen floor.  I did not get even one response.  Has no one ever sanded a wooden floor???  I was wondering how to sand around the edges of the bottom of my cabinets so they would not get scratched.  I have never used a commercial sander before.  I was hoping someone had any hints on how to use one and what to do or not do while trying to accomplish this project.  I am a little afraid.
 
Joan Ostler

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment