Cartoon Network

08 March 2012

Re: [DIY] Car siding for flooring

 

Not familiar with car-siding but if its solid wood of sufficient
thickness it can be run through a planer but it will lessen the
thickness of the board. Depending on where you live there may be a
woodworking club that gathers and you would be able to contact someone
there. If you are in Colorado I could help you.
Ray

On 3/8/2012 6:43 AM, snafflesnshelties wrote:
> I have been in a couple of houses that used the back side of car-siding for their flooring. It is much cheaper than hardwood, looks great and I love the sound when walking on it. I KNOW that it needs to be re varnished sooner than hardwood.
>
> 3 years ago I bought a boat load of car siding from Menards on sale. At the time I knew that the back side of car siding had a groove but figured it could easily be cut off. I do NOT want that groove on my floors. I want flat.
>
> I have had a problem finding someone to redo the tongue and groove. Yesterday I talked to a retired cabinet maker. He lectured me on why I should not use pine. Tried to talk me into laminate. I do NOT want laminate for all the reasons posted on THIS group list back when I was trying to decide what to use on my floors.
>
> Does anyone have suggestions? It shouldn't be this hard to find someone who does woodworking on the side to do this for me and not charge $1,000 for the 250 6 foot boards that I have.
>
> Joyce

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment