Cartoon Network

29 June 2012

[DIY] 4X4 as frame?

 

Is there any problem with making a frame for an 8ft square shed out of 4X4X8s? It would give me exactly the measurements I want. I would use 2X4s as the joists in the middle. What length and width of screw would one use to nail them together without splitting?

I thought about screwing together two 2X6s but I'd still be .5 inch short. I don't have a lot of carpentry skills to work with here and would rather not have to do a bunch of extra cutting if I can get what I need from 4X4s. The shed will be on blocks if that makes any difference.
Thanks,
Melissa

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment