Cartoon Network

24 June 2012

Re: [DIY] Mystery solved - thanks all

 

Yep, you surely know what I'm talkin' about then.  :)
 
Outdoor barbecues/parties are interesting.  Everybody is talk talk talkin'.  A jet comes over.  Bam, conversation shuts up like turning off a faucet because a person can't shout loud enough to be heard over the jet anyway.  Then the jet's gone.  Bam.  Conversation gets turned back on.   Another jet comes over.  Replay.
 
It's just one of those things.  Schools would have a problem in fall & spring because of having the windows open on really warm days.  Now that most of the schools are air conditioned in our area, that's helped the teachers out a lot.  Not that the kids necessarily want to hear the teachers..................   :)
 
Cindy

From: J. D. Brown <jdb8251@yahoo.com>
To: "DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com" <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 23, 2012 11:55 AM
Subject: Re: [DIY] Mystery solved - thanks all
 
Howdy,  Miss Cynthia,
 
How interesting as I live right below the Houston Intercontenatial Airport and have the jets coming and going all the timw.  Continnatinal Airlines have there home airport here in Houston,  and they alone have a jet coming or going ever 3 minutes and thats the winter set-up.  For the summer or holidays it's about every 30-60 sec.  However, even with this unquite area we sleep OK. And we had to move in from the very peaceful quite country with out any moderate to loud problems.
 
Yet did take some getting use to but after 7 years of it we just finally bought the house here as we knew we could not return to the country for 8-10 yrs.   Lovely areas that we can learn to live with when it's needed or even manditory.
 
AGAPE,
jdb, txredneck
**************************************************************************************************************************************
**************************************************************************************************************************************
From: Cynthia Plahuta <cmplahuta@yahoo.com>
To: "DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com" <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2012 10:54 PM
Subject: Re: [DIY] Mystery solved - thanks all
 
I live right under one of O'Hare Airport's runway patterns.  Nothing bothers me.  My father retired & built himself a house in rural NW Wisconsin.  The first time I went to visit him, I couldn't figure out why I couldn't sleep.  Then it hit me.  It was too quiet.  No jets overhead.  And Dad couldn't believe I thought it was too quiet.  He was like you.
 
Cindy
From: Bill Chmelik <Chmelik@earthlink.net>
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2012 9:37 PM
Subject: RE: [DIY] Mystery solved - thanks all
 
I can only sit here and laugh, with the hundreds of frogs in the pond out back, the cicadas, the barn owls, the wood peckers, the bob cat in heat(you want a sound to go right through you), the five dogs here the 6 dogs across the street, the log trucks barreling down the road and the three train crossings within 2 miles, and we live IN THE COUNTRY, it is not quiet. Add them all up and you have one of the coolest symphonies.
ck
 
From: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com [mailto:DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Dale S
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2012 7:12 PM
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [DIY] Mystery solved - thanks all
 
I would have thought anyone living in NJ would welcome a bit of country life, but then again maybe not.  It is kind of cute though getting driven to distraction by a bull frog.  Frog legs are darned good eating by the way.
Dale in the Flat Lands:----- 
  
    Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that   it bears a very close   resemblance to the first.
    ~Ronald Reagan
  
  
  
msol607 wrote:
So based on everyone's input I set up surveillance of the pond at my window. Dammed if I didn't get sight of a big old bull frog coming to the water surface and blurting out its honks. I immediate went to my neighbor's apartment and freaked out, demanding that it be removed by Monday. The woman said it was her boyfriend's pond and that I shouldn't make a big deal. She'd talk to him. I went home, thought about it and went back to apologize for my harsh words. Probably not a good idea to start a fight immediately. But, what get's me, they lied to me last summer, claiming to have no idea. She said the boyfriend will have the frog removed. She claims implausibly that they don't know where it comes from, it just shows up now and then. Anyway, maybe I'll get my bedroom back. Thanks all.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment