Cartoon Network

30 June 2012

RE: [DIY] 4X4 as frame?

 

Are you talking about making the floor , the joists out of 2x4 and the rim
or band boards out of 4x4s? I am sure it can be done, however I would not
want to walk on it or try to load anything on it, I would use 2x8's spaced
16 inches on center, with the same size Rim joists, then use 3/4 ( actually
I think it is 23/32) inch T&G exterior ply for the decking. You then set
your walls.
Ck

-----Original Message-----
From: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com [mailto:DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of melissasparrots
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:37 PM
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DIY] 4X4 as frame?

Is there any problem with making a frame for an 8ft square shed out of
4X4X8s? It would give me exactly the measurements I want. I would use 2X4s
as the joists in the middle. What length and width of screw would one use
to nail them together without splitting?

I thought about screwing together two 2X6s but I'd still be .5 inch short.
I don't have a lot of carpentry skills to work with here and would rather
not have to do a bunch of extra cutting if I can get what I need from 4X4s.
The shed will be on blocks if that makes any difference.
Thanks,
Melissa

------------------------------------

Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe
send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com Yahoo! Groups
Links

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment