Cartoon Network

29 June 2012

Re: [DIY] 4X4 as frame?

 

Another thing is to remember your geometry. You must have triangles in the framing to prevent it from racking. This is often done with diagonal corner braces. Another way is to put 1 full sheet of plywood on all corners.

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, Ron Johnson <l0c0l0b0@...> wrote:
>
>
> If the question is whether to use 4x4s or 4x6s, it would depend on how large your shed will be. Also remember that you can't just build it like a box, it must be anchored. You have to worry about strong winds blowing your shed down the street.
>
>
>
>
> To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
> From: melissasparrots@...
> Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 03:36:54 +0000
> Subject: [DIY] 4X4 as frame?
>
>
>
>
>
> Is there any problem with making a frame for an 8ft square shed out of 4X4X8s? It would give me exactly the measurements I want. I would use 2X4s as the joists in the middle. What length and width of screw would one use to nail them together without splitting?
>
> I thought about screwing together two 2X6s but I'd still be .5 inch short. I don't have a lot of carpentry skills to work with here and would rather not have to do a bunch of extra cutting if I can get what I need from 4X4s. The shed will be on blocks if that makes any difference.
> Thanks,
> Melissa
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment