Cartoon Network

26 June 2012

[DIY] Re: SNAKE IN THE DRAIN

 

Dear Darci,

My house is only 20yrs old and a couple of yrs ago my kitchen drain behaved almost exactly as your problem.
So I borrowed my brothers manual snake which runs 25'

Mind you I have tendonitis and its very taxing on my wrist and arms to work the snake, with great pain I worked 20 feet of it down the line, making very little difference in standing water!

A freelance plumber snaked the drain for $90 and gave me 6mo warranty, he had to feed the entire spool 60' of line down to the tip of the connection to the street he said.

There would be no chance I could have ever freed up that line on my own, $90 was well worth it.

He also left me a 6oz fluid to use every other month to prolong the free & clear drain, he said it coats the line such that mineral sediments won't settle into a hard cake in the drain.

Regards,
-S-

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, "redfoxtotem" <redfoxtotem@...> wrote:
>
> Well, I think I really did it now. (HUGE SIGH.....) My kitchen sink has always been a problem. The water here doesn't help, although one would think it would eat up anything and there would be no problems with clogs.
>
> I decided to get a 25 ft plumber's snake yesterday and see if I could fix the clog myself. History: At first I could wash dishes and even use the dishwasher as long as I waited long enough in-between times. Then - a month or so later - the water just quit draining out.
>
> I had already put a bottle of Liquid Plumber and later a bottle of Draino down the drain. NOTHING. I got a plunger and have been trying to pluge it, to no avail. It's a double sink with an in-sinkerator on one side.
>
> So this morning I decided to try the snake. I got about 1/2 way through. It would act like it hit something and I would keep turning it and finally it would go about 3 inches or so. This continued for quite awhile. There may be almost 15 ft of snake in the drain pipe. Nothing was happening so I decided to give up and guess I'll have to relent one of these days and see if I can find a decent plumber in this town.
>
> So, I started pulling on the snake. It is stuck. I tried to turn it in reverse (it's a manual) and nothing seems to be working. IS THERE ANY WAY TO GET THE THINK OUT NOW??? I don't want to end up having to pay $$$$$$hunderds to get the stupid thing unclogged. It has been a jinx for the past 6 years!! HELP!!!!!
>
> Thanks. Darci
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment