Cartoon Network

29 June 2012

[DIY] Re: Circuit breaker boxes

 

Everyone is stuck on Square D. I think Cutler Hammer type CH is superior. Copper bus bars AND the breakers have a spring clip on the prongs where they attach to the bus bar fingers. Square D QO does not.
Do NOT get Cutler hammer type BR. That is an old design merely bough out by Cutler Hammer, not the original.

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, Ron Johnson <l0c0l0b0@...> wrote:
>
>
> We recently bought a house that's a little on the old side. I am rerunning wires because it looks so chaotic, I really don't know how the place didn't burn down. I would love to go into the problems I've come across but I'm sure most of you have already been there.
>
> This is a duplex that the previous owner was in the process of turning into a single family unit. As a result, I need to install a new circuit breaker box for each side. I went to Lowe's and they have three different styles: one by Murray, and two from Square D – the red and the blue. I've priced both the boxes and the circuit breakers and there is a big difference there.
>
> So my question is: Is there a major difference among these boxes? Is one really better than the others? I assume the most expensive would be the best, but that's not always the case. Anyone out there have opinions? I would appreciate it. Thanks.
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment