Cartoon Network

24 June 2012

Re: [DIY] Mysterious honking sound from backyard

 

>Anyone have a bull frog death ray?

Beretta Elite II
Works really well on Cuban bull frogs. >:) devil



From: msol607 <msol607@yahoo.com>
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2012 11:52 AM
Subject: Re: [DIY] Mysterious honking sound from backyard

 
A lone bull frog in an urban area? I live in densely packed hoboken - 50,000 people in one square mile. Not much nature or habitat for a bull frog in a few small backyards that abut each other. Could be, though. It's the best theory yet. The sound doesn't really correlate with the hours of the retail businesses -- a bar, toy shop, physical therapy, etc. Anyone have a bull frog death ray?

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, "Edward Hughes" <ewh46574@...> wrote:
>
> Sounds like a bull frog, this would explain why you only hear it in the warm
> weather and predominately at night.
>
>
>
> From: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com [mailto:DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com]
> On Behalf Of msol607
> Sent: Friday, June 22, 2012 8:56 AM
> To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [DIY] Mysterious honking sound from backyard
>
>
>
>
>
> I'm not much of a handyman but I suspect some of you folks have "seen it
> all" and so maybe can help me. I being plagued by a mysterious honking sound
> coming from one of the neighboring buildings around me. I live on the second
> floor of a 3-story walk-up. My bedroom faces a small backyard and the backs
> of several surrounding buildings which have retail businesses on the ground
> floor and apts above. I've given up on sleeping in my bedroom and have moved
> to a futon in the front room because of the intermittent "honking" that is
> loud enough to wake me up. Here is a 30-second recording of the honking (it
> contains several episodes patched together that occurred over the course of
> 15 minutes at 11PM at night):
>
> http://www.asterisk-books.com/honking.mp3
>
> I'm not sure where to turn about this. My landlord (who lives downstairs) is
> also at a loss. If I knew the source of the sound, I could at least complain
> to surrounding property owners.
>
> This also occurred last summer. I slipped notes under the doors of
> surrounding buildings without response. One neighbor has a small 4'x4' pond
> with gold fish in it in his backyard which I can see from my window. It has
> a circulator pump but he insists that is not the source of the sound. I can
> see the pond and the water ripples do not change when the sound is
> occurring. I suspect the honking may be some kind of plumbing thing. It
> seems to occur more during evenings/nights but I hear occasional honks
> during the day. I'm almost certain it doesn't occurs in winter (though my
> windows are closed then). Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
>



__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment