Cartoon Network

25 June 2012

Re: [DIY] SNAKE IN THE DRAIN

 

A lot depends on how the sink is plumbed and without knowing these details it is difficult to say.
Dale in the Flat Lands:-----         Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.      ~Ronald Reagan        
redfoxtotem wrote:
 

Well, I think I really did it now. (HUGE SIGH.....) My kitchen sink has always been a problem. The water here doesn't help, although one would think it would eat up anything and there would be no problems with clogs.

I decided to get a 25 ft plumber's snake yesterday and see if I could fix the clog myself. History: At first I could wash dishes and even use the dishwasher as long as I waited long enough in-between times. Then - a month or so later - the water just quit draining out.

I had already put a bottle of Liquid Plumber and later a bottle of Draino down the drain. NOTHING. I got a plunger and have been trying to pluge it, to no avail. It's a double sink with an in-sinkerator on one side.

So this morning I decided to try the snake. I got about 1/2 way through. It would act like it hit something and I would keep turning it and finally it would go about 3 inches or so. This continued for quite awhile. There may be almost 15 ft of snake in the drain pipe. Nothing was happening so I decided to give up and guess I'll have to relent one of these days and see if I can find a decent plumber in this town.

So, I started pulling on the snake. It is stuck. I tried to turn it in reverse (it's a manual) and nothing seems to be working. IS THERE ANY WAY TO GET THE THINK OUT NOW??? I don't want to end up having to pay $$$$$$hunderds to get the stupid thing unclogged. It has been a jinx for the past 6 years!! HELP!!!!!

Thanks. Darci



__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment