Cartoon Network

29 June 2012

Re: [DIY] Bath Tub Clogged

 

Try this.... (zip it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkk0-cReLsM 

The video is no exaggeration.  I got this thing awhile back and used it...and yes I pulled out a smelly gelatinous hair monster from heck just like they did.  Cleared the drain right up.

I have a cross brace in my drain that looks like yours.  It takes a little back-and-forth jiggling and wiggling to pull it back out (because the back of the teeth on the zip-it catch the edges in whichever small hole you put it in).  It usually takes a couple of tries as I usually have to pick the correct quadrant of the brace to insert it to get it to go down the farthest.  Easily worth it for the results.  The product is less than 5 bucks I believe.

I'm not sure that I've ever had a manual snake do any good other than perhaps to push a clog further back.  This little piece of plastic actually pulls the clog out.

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 6:46 PM, Frank Ruggiero <frankruggiero@me.com> wrote:
 

Hi Experts.

Does anyone have some advice? I hope this is common.

I have a bath tub that is becoming clogged up. I tried to run a snake down it, but as you can see, the snake does not fit because of this cross section. Take a look.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e6dinb2h3l80law/Bath%20Tub.jpg

What would you recommend? Is there some safe chemical that wont ruin my pipe system? This bathtub is on the top level of the house. I can not access it from below.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Frank


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment