Cartoon Network

28 June 2012

[DIY] Re: Outdoor Ceiling Fan

 

You need an outdoor ceiling fan. They have plastic blades and watertight motor and switches. The only thing to consider is the electrical ceiling junction box. Use an outdoor box with watertight connectors or flex conduit for the wiring. The only thing is water entering through the canopy from above. Maybe create some sort of shield around the ceiling box such as mount it inside of a pan.

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, "nan8136" <nanmaas@...> wrote:
>
> You can see my pergola under last year's file "pergola". It is open wood but covered with landscaping fabric. For those who asked last year about the fabric - it lasted all summer and it's up again and looks just as good as it did last year. I guess I'll keep it up till it rips and needs replacement or till my son wants to redo it!
>
> I would like a ceiling fan on the pergola. I saw it in someone's yard as I drove by. But - do they make them for something like I have? That's something without a hard roof, like a porch would have? I don't want to spend a fortune on one so if it's really expensive I'll forget the idea. But it would be nice to have when there's no wind.
>
> This is what comes of sitting outside gazing up and dreaming of things to do around the yard!
>
> Anyone have one like this? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Nancy
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment