Cartoon Network

30 June 2012

Re: [DIY] 4X4 as frame?

 

Mellisa, 
I'm trying to understand what part of the structure you call the frame.

And how 4x4's alter the measurement. Which measurement?
You cut them as long as you wish...
If these are for the floor supports, 4" tall is not adequate.

You use 2x6's or 2x8's, or etc. 2x4's as joists are inadequate.
In fact, used to be 2x6 as floors and 2x4 as roof (with limited
spans) but now it's 2x8 floor and 2x6 roof. BUT for a shed,
with a small span, you can usually get away with it.

What floor dimensions do you desire?
Is the size you want an internal one or exterior?
If your code says 10'x12', they mean exterior, and the 1/2 OSB
on the outside will add 1" and they may count that.

BillSF9c ... vacation coming. Happy 4th.
Sorry many of your rights we fought for are being removed.
Ben Franklin said, "Here's your republic. Good luck keeping it."

Posted by: "melissasparrots" melissasparrots@yahoo.com >Is there any problem with making a frame for an 8ft square shed out of 4X4X8s? It would give me exactly the measurements I want. I would use 2X4s as the joists in the middle. What length and width of screw would one use to nail them together without splitting? >I thought about screwing together two 2X6s but I'd still be .5 inch short. I don't have a lot of carpentry skills to work with here and would rather not have to do a bunch of extra cutting if I can get what I need from 4X4s. The shed will be on blocks if that makes any difference. Thanks, Melissa

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment