Cartoon Network

25 June 2012

Re: [DIY] Square Hole

 



Hi Sandaidh,

This isn't about a square hole, or a hole of any kind, except maybe the one living next door to you. (Hope the "hole" reference doesn't get this message kicked out.) I'm just so sorry these kinds of things happen, and wonder why so many people are so self-absorbed. But, probably there is something mentally wrong with this guy. However, that knowledge doesn't help you; you still have to figure out how to deal with him. Problem is, these kinds of people generally escalate when confronted. Let's hope the fun attention he gets from the law shakes a few loose screws back into place so that he backs off. Also hope you have some calming routine, or something "Zen" that you can do so you don't have your own mental break. Can't tell you how irritating I find this situation: I don't want a neighbor, or anyone, touching ANYTHING of mine, unless invited. Used to be, social convention dictated that you keep your hands to yourself, and your first grade teacher told you to "keep your eyes on your own paper". I have a cousin who wouldn't let her children touch even a pack of gum at the grocery store check-out, because noone wants to buy something that you've had your grubby, germy hands all over. Enough said; rant over.

Christine-Mpls

P.S.: My thoughts are certainly with you.

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, "Sandaidh" <sandaidh@...> wrote:
>
> From: Steve Wilson
> If others are around, you'll get more ideas from them. I don't know if it
> would cause a problem or not. It would obviously look different.
> Its been quiet here this weekend, most might be busy or away.
> -----------------------
>
> Not sure if I can help with the post problem. The posts (pressure treated
> 4x4s) holding up my back porch roof are sitting right on top of the concrete
> slab. They should probably have a metal plate between the wood and the
> concrete, but (a) I wasn't home when they replaced the metal pipe with the
> 4x4s, and (b) I didn't know enough at the time to know that the wood
> shouldn't be resting right on the concrete. However, they've been in place
> for 8 years now with no problem. As for frost heave...yeah, the slab heaves
> and moves around but the posts are fine. Everything seems to move together;
> maybe it's the weight of the roof holding them secure. However, when I
> replaced my back steps, I had them designed and built so that they're right
> next to the house, but not attached. As heavy as they are, I have noticed
> movement, but not being attached to the house lets them move independently
> and keeps them from being racked apart, like the ones they replaced.
>
> Work on my rehab house is basically at a standstill for now, while I take
> care of a more immediate problem - a next door neighbor who insists he owns
> half my driveway. This is even after I had a survey done which proves
> otherwise. Last Wednesday, he pulled up all the survey stakes which marked
> the boundary line. Wrong move. I called the sheriff's department, who sent
> a deputy out. Short story is, I've had enough harassment and trouble from
> this guy that I filed charges. I spoke with and ADA (Assistant District
> Attorney) and the deputy will be out Tuesday to pick up the information for
> the citations - simple trespassing and violation of:
>
> Education Law § 7209 (9) (9)
>
> 9. a. Any person who knowingly damages, destroys, disturbs, removes,
> resets, or replaces any boundary marker placed on any tract of land by a
> licensed land surveyor, or by any person at the direction of a licensed
> surveyor, for the purpose of designating any point, course or line in the
> boundary of such tract of land in which he or she has no legal interest,
> shall be punishable by a civil fine of not more than five hundred dollars
> and shall be liable for the cost of reestablishment of said boundary marker.
>
> The ADA, and he's not the first, suggested putting up a fence. I've already
> spoken with the code enforcement officer, who approved it. The fence had to
> be ordered and I'm awaiting delivery now. But, since the stakes have been
> moved from their original location, I have to have the surveyors put them
> back proper; and as you can see above, the neighbor (nitwit) who pulled them
> out is liable for the cost. Anyway, at the arraignment, the ADA suggested
> that the court issue a stay away order of protection. The ADA also
> suggested that I put up'No Trespassing' signs, which I have. Looks a bit
> funny/odd in a residential area, between two houses and facing one
> direction, but...he crosses the line and...it's more charges. I've been
> dealing/coping with this moron for a number of years, but when he starts
> insisting that he owns part of my property (don't confuse him with the
> facts), and harasses both me and the surveyors, multiple times...I've
> reached the end of my patience and now it's time for legal steps.
>
> Yeah, you could say I've been a little busy.
>
>
> Sandaidh
> sandaidh@...
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment