Cartoon Network

28 August 2012

[DIY] Furnace wiring

 

I have bought a building and there is an old Heil furnace (Model Number NUGE080GK01) in the basement.  I already know that there is a lot to do on this (like rerunning the gas vent exhaust), but right now I need to wire up the unit.  It looks like they had a double-30 amp circuit with a 10/3 equivalent (actually they ran an outdoor wire which looks like a 10/2 and then added a single wire for the common).  I had to remove a bunch of wires from the old circuit breaker box and now realized I missed rewiring the furnace.  Is a 10/3 on a double 30 amp circuit what I need?  There is another unit outside that is already powered by a double 30 amp circuit breaker box so I am wondering if I can just splice off that.  As you might be able to tell, I don't know much about HVAC systems.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment