Cartoon Network

22 August 2012

Re: [DIY] Hi, new to group. This old house is killing me, lol.

 

Thanks for the thoughts. Actually the atic above is huge, and I am going to refinish it. But there's no floor in it for now.

As far as the unpermitted stuff goes, I live out in the county and absolutely will not allow worthless county officials on my property. They will NEVER get the opportunity to even know what im doing as we are set back from the road, i've built everything here without permits.

We're never going to move so it's really a non-issue. I'm sure ill "hear all about this" from the moral police lol but that's just how it is. I'm pretty anti-gov't btw lol.

My wife lived here since birth, she'd have to be shot and dragged away kicking. I already tried and it didn't work lol.

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, OOWONBS@... wrote:
>
> Some of this depends on if you have attic room in which to work.
> I have the same deal.
>
> You can cludge it together, now, and pick each one up later
> if you add an attic junction box on some purlin. Then run wires
> to ea room to a secondary junction box, which is just inside your
> (assumed, if needed) attic, and then through the (assumed)
> garage firewall) (if need be... follow-) and then these connect,
> (again, at your convenience,) to a wire for each (LABEL as you go!,
> LOL!) which then goes to the (newly - required bedroom Arc-)Breakers,
> 1 per bedroom.
>
> Litigation what it is - someone dies here down the road & they trace
> wire age to your unpermitted/inspected work, your kid, wife, a buyer,
> it will cost you so much... At LEAST do it "right." Houses resold are
> being inspected harder each year. If they look in 1 box & see new wire,
> and see "it's not possible," they can make you subject to inspection
> "for safety" or not allow you to sell, or re-do it all. Royal PITA$$.
>
> It's not much more work, but it requires you thiMk a lil. A cpl-few more
> stud mounted boxes in the attic... A sub-junction that aids you ANYway
> in breaking through the living-space attic firewall, legally. (And
> which will
> NOT be a "firewall," now, so replace or add a layer.) I feel your pain.
> but this only adds 1 extra step or two, that can even make your temp
> connections, easier to thiMk about. The arc-compliant breakers, 1 per
> bedroom, will be your cost... when you get to that. ALWAYS create a
> lil service loop. (Extra wire,) near one end or the other, until ALL
> done.
> Then, leave a lil.
> BillSF9c
> __________________________________________________________
> Posted by: "room4morestuff69" room4morestuff69@...
> room4morestuff69
>
> So........I decided to redo the bedrooms in the back of the house, 1 by
> 1. This
> is giving me problems, mainly electrical.
>
> Since I am only doing one room at a time and it's all hooked together
> the only
> solution I can come up with has been to cut the existing wires off the
> existing
> switches and outlets, join them together and just leave them live
> behind the
> wall while installing new ones on a separate circuit.
>
> That way when I get to the last room I will eventually be able to kill
> on the
> circuits at the breaker. I have plenty or room in the box to do this.
>
> The bedrooms won't have much in them, maybe a ceiling fan and a small
> tv so I
> was thinking of doing all the outlets and the ceiling on one circuit.
> Thoughts
> on that? The idea of doing the fan separate,lights separate and
> connecting them
> to other rooms down the road is near nightmarish and you would agree if
> you seen
> it. I was just curious if there were any thoughts.
>
> > I realize it's not proper
> but I can't do the whole house at once. When I did the living room I
> had 3
> circuits, one for the entertainment, one for the other outlets and one
> for the 3
> ceiling fans and used all 12-2 and 12-3 on everything.
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment