Cartoon Network

19 August 2012

[DIY] Hi, new to group. This old house is killing me, lol.

 

Hi. Well just joined as I figure ill have questions here and there. This house was an old schoolhouse way back when.

One might think with the work i've done I know what im doing but i've pretty much learned as I went. I've worked heavy construction for 15 years so I have a good grasp of what's going on.

I'll have to take pics sometime. I have to do all the work I can't afford labor unless it's just some extra help here and there for hard stuff which it's coming. Really the only room finished is the living room which I tore out the ceiling and vaulted to a height of 24' and put a walkway thru the middle to the big room upstairs which is a total disaster area.

So........I decided to redo the bedrooms in the back of the house, 1 by 1. This is giving me problems, mainly electrical. Haha. Whoever wired this house was no electrician that's for damn sure. It's wired like a rat's nest, you can't turn on the microwave in the kitchen with the back bedroom tv on etc just really insane. Fortunately the front part I redid. It was independent, unlike the back half.

Since I am only doing one room at a time and it's all hooked together the only solution I can come up with has been to cut the existing wires off the existing switches and outlets, join them together and just leave them live behind the wall while installing new ones on a separate circuit.

That way when I get to the last room I will eventually be able to kill on the circuits at the breaker. I have plenty or room in the box to do this.

The bedrooms won't have much in them, maybe a ceiling fan and a small tv so I was thinking of doing all the outlets and the ceiling on one circuit. Thoughts on that? The idea of doing the fan separate,lights separate and connecting them to other rooms down the road is near nightmarish and you would agree if you seen it. I was just curious if there were any thoughts. I realize it's not proper but I can't do the whole house at once. When I did the living room I had 3 circuits, one for the entertainment, one for the other outlets and one for the 3 ceiling fans and used all 12-2 and 12-3 on everything.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment