Cartoon Network

18 August 2012

[DIY] Re: Eliminating Ceiling Fan Remote Control

 



Okay, I'm going to answer my own question.

Many, if not most, ceiling fan light kits use bulbs that are not dim-able. In that case, be sure to buy a wall mounted fan control switch that does not have a light dimmer switch.

You would just be paying extra for a feature you cannot use, at least until you get a light kit with dim-able lights.

****************************************************

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <przxto99@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I need to replace a ceiling fan and would like to replace it with one that is not remote controlled.
>
> However, all the fans that I like are equipped with remote control, and I believe most if not all use modular type receivers.
>
> I think it should be possible to eliminate the receiver and control the fan through a wall mounted fan control switch.
>
> I believe this should be quite simple to do but would like to hear from anyone who has done this and did you encounter any problems?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Paul
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment