Cartoon Network

12 August 2012

[DIY] Re: Powdercoat cast iron sink?

 

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, "Cecile" <clme849@...> wrote:
>
> I live with my sister and the kitchen sink is rusting, mostly on the top edge. I asked at one place about having it powder coated and he said if it would fit in 7 x7 area he could do it for around $50. It weighs a lot, but I think we could get it out. Does anyone have any experience with this coating? Does it look nice? Does it last? Special care? Etc.

Powdercoat? Hmmm...

As far as *I* know it, this is a form of plastic that is used on motorcycle frames. Very rugged against weather. Pots 'n pans?

Sounds like re-enameling or replacement.
Or, spray with an acrylic recoat, as per tubs,
but that's hardly, hardy.

But $50 is not a BAD price.
Dunno what the coast of REMOVAL of that is,
to have it done right, which is, probably costly.

Just the front edge?
I have cheap ideas...

BillSF9c

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment