Cartoon Network

13 August 2012

[DIY] Re: Removing pidgeon crap from our shingles ?

 


Interesting.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BackYard-Birds/links

I am new owner of this group above and I didn't
know this. I will try this later in the year when the
weather isn't so hot and the chocolate will stay
intact.

Pidgeons and starlings are a constant nuisance
when you are feeding backyard birds in the northeast
US.

When I replaced my screens on our screened porch
last year, I kept the old screens and I have been
using them under them under the feeder to collect
sunflower shells for the trash. I have been
wanting to use a transformer to put a charge on
the screens to deter the pidgeons but I will try
this first instead.

Bill Z
Delaware county, PA

Re: [DIY] Re: Removing pidgeon crap from our shingles ?

Put out small bowls of chocolate chips. The pigeons can't resist
the chocolate but it is fatal to almost all birds.

Dale in the Flat Lands:----- Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.
~Ronald Reagan
Steve Wilson wrote:

I was originally thinking he meant asphalt shingles too. But I looked up asbestos shingles and they looked to be a concrete shingle. I didn't think asbestos was used in anything anymore.
I don't think bird droppings would have any effect on an asphalt shingle, other than make them ugly and I wouldn't use a power washer on an asphalt shingle either. They are too delicate and would probably be cut up by the power washers spray.
Steve

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment