Cartoon Network

30 April 2012

[DIY] Must Have Tool:

 

Every once in a while I come a cross a tool which I wonder how I ever did with out.  The sonic saw is just such a tool.  Rockwell (which I happened to buy) markets theirs as the Sonicrafter while Porter Cable also has a good competition model as well.  I think if I had it to do over I'd perhaps opt for the Porter Cable as the blade change is quicker.  I have used mine for everything from cutting into plaster for electrical boxes to cutting nails behind baseboard and trim.

I've recently been tying two roofs of unequal pitch together and it has been invaluable when working in tight places and trimming compound joints.  The beauty of this little saw is that it won't cut the operator if you happen to come in momentary contact with the oscillating blade. The saw was originally invented to cut bone and remove casts with out damaging the surrounding tissue.  Now that the patent has expired they have become affordable and available from any number of sources including Harbor Freight.  Once you try one I'm sure it will become a necessary part of your tool case.  The control in making or dressing a cut is just phenomenal.

--   Dale in the Flat Lands:-----         Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.      ~Ronald Reagan        

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment