Cartoon Network

24 April 2012

Re: [DIY] MOLES IN THE YARD

 

My boss just gave me the task of ridding the grass at work of gophers. I assume moles and gophers would be similar. He told about something he was using at home on the gophers but he couldn't remember what it was, so I had to go my own road for going after them.
What I did first was find the tunnels somewhere around where their mounds were. I just took a long screwdriver and poked it in the ground until I found a hollow. When I found one I dug it open so it was minimally invaded. I found some smoke bombs for gopher eradication at Home Depot. You light them like a stick of dynamite. When the fuse gets to the body of the bomb it starts smoking a sulfur smelling stink. I took and pushed the smokebomb down the hole and lit the fuse. Then I packed some dirt together and covered the hole, then buried it after that. It fills the hole with smoke and kills everything living in all the tunnels connected to it. After I set off the first one I went around to the other mounds and dug them up. If there was no smoke coming out of them I set another off in that tunnel.
There were several gopher holes spread over a wide area. Now there is only signs of one gopher left.
There are also several baits that can be used. I didn't think they were working very well, I tried them too. The smoke bombs worked the best. There are also mechanical traps that can be used. I haven't tried those yet.
Steve

On 4/23/2012 1:13 PM, Al wrote:

 

Hi Everyone, Does anyone know how to get rid of moles? Many years ago I was told to put mothballs in the ground. I did and all that happened was my yard smelled like an old closet when I went outside and the moles didn't leave. I don't remember how I got rid of them but but one day they left. Any help would be nice. Thanks, Al

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment