Cartoon Network

25 April 2012

[DIY] Outdoor Steps

 

Hi Everyone,

Just joined. My name is Christine; I live in the metro area of Mpls/St. Paul.

I'm interested in feedback from anyone who has built (or tried to build) outdoor steps using concrete landscape blocks and patio pavers. I have done this, and redone it, and redone it. The look is beautiful, but not all risers have remained stable. I'm getting sand washout over time. Also, need to figure out a trick to stabilize the risers that aren't set into part of the slope, but are more-less free standing, so that there is no pressure from the earth to hold them in place. This is not a small project of two or three risers. There are seven simple risers/steps (four feet wide), and four platforms which are three pavers deep (i.e. three feet deep, and obviously four feet wide) more/less following the contour of the slope.

If this topic has been discussed, I couldn't find it using the "search" tool. I would appreciate knowing what search words to use to find any former posts. I'm sure this has been done successfully by someone, somewhere.

Thanks,

Christine - Mpls

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment